Saturday 4 August 2007

HUNTER



Heres an obvious statement, most comic book heroes are white!
Now I'm aware that when most of the classic characters were created it was a different time, a time when colour did matter. I also understand that as a creator you should go with what you know and most creators are white, but still there are more blue, green, purple and red heroes than there are minorities. I'm not one of these guys that sees racism every where they look, this is just an observation. I just want to see more colour in comics. I do realise that this is starting to change and more and more creators from different backgrounds and countries are getting involved in comics and as a result comics are becoming more colourful which is a great thing!

I'd like to point out that this was not a comics are racist post. I am a comic book fan, always have been and always will be. I've never read a comic thinking this is another example of the white man oppressing the black man! This was simply what went through my head as I selected this image to post.

On a completely different topic, I've recently discovered a really good pod cast (if you are a comic fan) called 'Around Comics'
it's a funny show and the guys that host it, as well as making me laugh they talk passionatley about comic books. They have
gotten me really excited about comic books again which is great! It's like having a really cool comic book store and the owners
really know their stuff. They recommend books you should check out and have a laugh with you, unlike my local comic book store. So yeah, if you have even a passing interest in comics check them out.

You can subscribe through itunes or download it straight from their site http://aroundcomics.com/

No comments: